Tuesday 16 July 2013

THE QUEST, IN SEARCH OF A WEBSITE DESIGNER (UPDATE)


Okay, you probably have read about my posting yesterday. I was looking for a cool website designer that could work with me on my requirements and budget (I still think for a startup, need to start small first and grow it from there! :-D).

Today's mailbox is kinda interesting! FINALLY! Some good ones responded and they are extremely helpful with suggestions and proposal. I must love these people and thank my lucky star!




I agree that while they are freelancers, its NOT easy for them to please a customer or even READ THEIR MIND on how they wanted their website to look like. So in my case, I will try my utmost best to share my ideas, vision and fill in with any information or examples required to facilitate them in coming up with creative ideas & proposal.


Though they are creative, don't expect them to be a psychic ~ so do your part and fill in info whenever required. Try to be layman as possible if you are not familiar with web terms. They will understand and walk through the process with you.

Since I am not a techie or familiar with the jargons well, I usually leave the creative process to them. At the end of the day, its hard earned monies worth! :-) Their work will determine if your website is interesting (and inviting enough!) for visitor to feel tempted to click that ENTER WEBSITE button :-)

I agree with one designer's comment, that 'Content is King'. So whatever that you read here on this blog comes purely from my creative brain's juice. Hey, I may not be good at designing a website but I can write! I will learn in each step of the way, what works and what doesn't. Trying to keep it simple so readers can understand my point.

To all Website Designers out there. I salute to the long hours that you put everyday to make a client's website engaging and interesting. My advise, learn to work with your customers / clients (each and everyone, not all of them are the same) and imagine yourself in their shoes. Every customers / clients are important, as their success contributes to yours too (the testimonial of your work!). Maintain good relationship always and trust me, most clients will always go back to the same designer that worked with them brilliantly before. Clients usually prefer two things, (a) Design me the best website that closely match to what I wanted (b) Price, please make it as reasonable as you can!.

As of now, I am still communicating with some of them and work on requirements, what works and what not. Its like finding the best event planner for an important event!

I am close to making decision soon. Oh yes, I don't mind to help promote their work and spread good word about their work once I have made up my mind :-)

Until then.....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...