Monday 14 October 2013

HERE COMES THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK!


Few weeks ago, like any other new staff in a company I received this thick Employee Handbook from the HR to read through.

As I flipped through the pages, I became uncomfortable.

What the heck am I doing here? Repeating the cycle over and over again!

Thou shalt not…do this, do that…Thou must do this…do that. Penalty this…that…approval this…that…leave at this time…eat at this time…

How many of you hated that thick Employee Handbook? Now raise your hands.

Imagine working for yourself, the only handbook that you will see is the one that you tailor made just for yourself! You call the shots and you plan your life on a day to day basis. But why are we afraid to do it for ourselves?

It dawned to me that this is due to MINDSET and HABIT. We’re so used to assuming that ONLY Job offers us the security and stability that we need.

That’s when I made up my mind. Hence I started planning the escape now.

This is just madness! Allowing myself to be what I am not. Deep inside, I don’t enjoy this process at all. I dreaded it! I literally dragged myself to do this because of commitment. 

Right at that moment, I felt that I can’t breathe and going out to take a breather seemed wrong too. I need to get out. Leave. Disappear. Period.

I used to think that if you do your job well, you will climb the ladder, earn lots of money and be successful. I was so naïve and so wrong!


I realize there is more to life than just being chained to the desk and follow every single do’s and don’ts to a T.  I realize that you could be as successful as you wanted to be IF you take action much earlier and work hard for yourself. 

And even if you just realize that now, you can still do something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...