Friday 19 July 2013

DAY TWO 19/7 : ANOTHER IDEA IN PROGRESS!


This morning I went to a well known coffee chain store and while waiting for my turn to be served, I starred at the assortments of food displayed. I was wondering, with food that expensive and is constantly cold (they can heat up the food for you), how many would actually buy to eat? I was wondering how many days will they keep these foods and what happens if they are not finished. 

Curious, I chatted with one of the cashier who is off duty and to my surprised, their Management usually discarded them all off. "Why throw? Cant they allow staff to bring back...?" I felt disturbed with the reply. She then explained that its the company's policy to not keep the 2 day old food (we are talking about cakes, muffins, bread), and they will fine staff if any of them is found to be packing the food home. 

Heck, I have like a one week old chocolate cake sitting inside my fridge and it is still good to eat! 

I am speechless with the respond.

While having my breakfast I imagined what would it be like for the poor or strays if they could eat these unconsumed food. Why do we need to see the food be put to waste simply because its the easiest thing to do to clear 'old' stocks?

I further visualised underprivileged children who would die to eat a slice of the cake (I cant imagine if my 5 year old never tasted cake before), poor people who could hardly eat a decent food because they cant afford and strays who goes from one table to another only to be chased away with sticks or be poured with hot water. 

Like it or not, be it human or animals, they have the rights to survive. We may be created differently by God but deep inside we longed for respect, love and security. No human or animals deserves to starve while others wasted or dispose off food that are still good to eat. Every time we eat and complaint on how bland the food tasted, imagine those who hardly have any to eat. 


Then, another idea strike me. Why not do something random and do it purely for the good reasons? We don't have to be from some big corporations or big shots to be able to make a difference in our community right? We can create a movement and do things simultaneously and have fun doing it!


Knowing that this small project will put my mind at ease every night before retiring to bed is what important to me. This small effort helps to keep hunger at bay. Day after day. Night after night.What may seemed to be a norm for us (we have an access to good food every day!), will mean a LOT to those who cannot afford to enjoy such privilege.

I hooked up with a close friend via whatsapp and she too think its a good idea. Since its community based, we could get schools, Universities, restaurants, cafes, churches to be involved - ALL for a good cause! There is no membership fee required, ALL are free to join the movement. Even the food contributors!


Excited, I have decided to put this plan as another project to develop. And hopefully it will receive good response from the public. 

My point is, let your mind wander and subconsciously you will be able to spot the gap in the market for you to pursue. Don't limit or confine your mind to think of the impossible and explore it from there. 

So all in all, here goes, looks like I have a green and coaching business as well as a movement to work on! And in another 2 months, I will be working with a new company!

I am sure my life will never be the same after this :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...